Oct 22, 2007

SoCal is burning


A few times a year we experience a weather phenomenon called the Santa Ana Winds. Usually it's in the Fall, and it consists of a few breezy days. Typically its nice because it clears out the smog and pollution, and makes for good kite-flying weather. The last two days we've had an incredible Santa Ana condition. Having lived here all this time, we are used to the winds, wildfires, and earthquakes, but we are talking 80 mph-plus winds blowing through our area. Last night was the worst I've ever seen in my 30 years of living here. Luckily the kids slept through it all, but Tisha and I were up all night, as it felt like the house was gonna lift up off it's foundation.
Along with the high winds, comes the unfortunate wildfires that blaze up and down the coast. If you step outside right now, you can see and smell all of the ash from the infernos, and it wreaks havoc on your allergies. Hopefully, these winds die down so Tisha and I can get a decent nights sleep...


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?