Cloverfield has everyone saying WTF?
We first saw a trailer for this flick when Transformers opened. I saw the Bad Robot logo and immediately got excited thinking I was gonna see something LOST related. Once I realized that wasn't the case, I turned my attention to what looked to be another Godzilla movie. Well it turms out that the mystery behind this teaser trailer would in itself be the biggest viral marketing ploy a movie has ever created. The plot for this film is still a mystery, in fact, the title for this movie was only recently revealed to the public. It is refreshing for once to not have a movie completely revealed in the trailer, and to actually anticipate what the movie experience may turn out to be. Spiderman 3 was horrible at revealing too much before it screened, and it ruined that movie-going experience for me. I'm surprised they didn't show the death of Harry Osbourn in the trailer. Oh wait, they did show that!

No comments:
Post a Comment