Carl Karcher 1917-2008
A running joke around my house, is how I would prefer a Western Bacon Cheeseburger over a home-cooked meal. In many cases, that is true. I'm not a big fan of fast food, but Carls Jr. is the exception. The founder of Carl's Jr. just passed away at age 90, and I would like to honor him. This story is a little personal in that my Dad actually knew Mr. Karcher. He used to frequent my Dad's store and order suits from him when he had his shop in Anaheim. He was a very down-to-earth man, who despite his personal success, always seemed to make time for his customers. He can be credited with the creation of what I believe to be the best tasting charbroiled hamburgers in the game.
In my opinion, the Carl's Jr. menu puts the competition to shame.
Click on the picture of Carl to view a tribute.

No comments:
Post a Comment